CLICK HERE to read more about NICOLETTE!
Welcome to the space where Nicolette Writes!!
I am a now 35-year old, experienced freelance writer (I have been writing for South African publications since I finished my studies in 2008) and I am using this blog to both get my published articles ‘out there’ and to just enjoy the process of writing: besides finding my published work here, you will also find blog entries on curious experiences I have had, entries on things that tickle my mind, and lately, and I think most importantly, writings about my mental health.
My CV, in short:
* BA (Language and Culture) cum laude – Stellenbosch University
* BA Honours (English) cum laude – Stellenbosch University
* MA English Studies – Stellenbosch University. Thesis: ‘Grace and The Townships Housewife: Excavating South African Black Women’s Magazines from the 1960s.’
* PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) cum laude – Stellenbosch University
* I have written for ELLE, Vision Magazine, Natural Medicine Journal, JOY!, LIG, Food&Home, Farmers Weekly, Life After School and an article based on my Masters thesis (which is about two South African black women’s magazines that have never been researched before) has been published in the academic journal, Agenda. I wrote for the South African publications Mamas&Papas and The Expectant Mother’s Guide before becoming a full-time stay-at-home mom.
I am always keen on a new challenge, so if you need any writing done, email me at email@example.com
And if you don’t need any writing done, and just want to ‘converse’ – I would love that too! Especially conversations on mental health – Depression and Anxiety.
Oh and essential oils! My new hobby! 😉
Bye for now,
ps: please leave comments wherever you want to – I will most definitely reply!